Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Just sold a lot of antiques to a dealer I feel did not pay

Customer Question

Just sold a lot of antiques to a dealer I feel did not pay me anything near what they were worth. After going through everything, he offered me $800 - I was stunned, and not knowing what to say I said "can you make it $1000" - he flat out said no. Still not knowing what to do, I reluctantly said. He & his wife quickly packed up and left. I am so upset I cant even cash the check. I am 80 and my husband is 85 & we want to go into independent living and I sold these things for that reason. I hope you can help me.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

I am sorry to hear that you may have been taken advantage of by an unscrupulous and unfair dealer..

.

Have you ever had a legal guardian appointed for you?

.

What is your legal question that I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks