Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Madam, I have a lot of land (100 feet X 100 Feet) on which I

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have a lot of land (100 feet X 100 Feet) on which I can build 4 two bedroom apartments of large rooms. The style and design would be consistent with those already existing in the town of Babylon. I have asked the town, and was told no. The lot is on great neck road. there are multifamily already existing within the town. I beleive I am being told no because I am african american and ignorant of the law, and how the other people got to build theirs.
Hence my question: would an affordable housing label work? or what other label or exceptions exist? Thak you for your time.
Tennyson
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There has to be a reason that you are being told you cannot build on the lot and it has to be based on some zoning or building ordinance. They cannot just tell you no without reason. So what is the reason they are denying you specifically (not your feelings, but the reason they are giving for the denial)?