Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I made a claim against my mothers insurance after falling

Customer Question

i made a claim against my mothers insurance after falling off a ladder at her home all along they said they were gonna take care of my bills now they have closed the claim and left me high and dry nov 17 will be three years to the day what can i do at this point?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer and Thank you for your question, In Answer to your question, you should immediately talk to an Attorney who is experienced in personal injury lawsuits about filing your lawsuit against the insurance company for your personal injuries because the Michigan Statute of Limitations on personal injury lawsuits is 3 years and once it expires, you will not be able to sue them. So, you have until November 17 to file your lawsuit. Contact the Bar Association in the County in which you suffered your injuries and ask for the names of a few lawyers experienced in personal injury lawsuits. These cases are usually handled on a contingency fee basis which means you will not have to pay the lawyer anything up front and you will only have to pay him or her if they recover money for you.

Please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, otherwise, ​JustAnswer keeps your deposit and give me nothing. Thank you for your understanding,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA