Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We red a law firm a month ago to help us with aproblem we

Customer Question

we hired a law firm a month ago to help us with aproblem we have on aland contract in new york state the people that bouhgt the property are not paying the payment ont ime for the last 4 months the lawyer said they would send a demand letter that was nearly a month ago we paid them 1200.00 dollars and now they won.t even return our calls and we find out that if we haft to for close we have to hire new lawyers in ny
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What are you asking exactly? For example:

-can I get a new attorney?

-can I file a lawsuit now?

Etc.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have already paid 1200.00 dollars and don,t even know if the demand letter waas sent we can.t affprd to pay for another attorney at this time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your response did not come thru
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

I am still not quite sure about the question. What are you asking exactly? I understand the situation. What do you want to know? How to find out if the letter went through, for example? Etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i want to know if they ever sent the letter and i want to know what steps to take fromher
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I have just one last question (you have been very patient).

Did you hire the attorney for the WHOLE THING or just to send a letter? Finally, have you attempted to contact the attorney's office to find out the status?