Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

VA resident lender needs 100k promissory note with DC

Customer Question

VA resident lender needs 100k promissory note with DC borrower secured by D.C. real estate. VA or DC law? Costs?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Because you will be securing this loan with real estate located in DC, you will need DC law to be applicable since the deed of trust will need to be recorded in DC. I can provide you a promissory note and a deed of trust to secure payment of the promissory note through the Additional Services option offered by JustAnswer. If that would be helpful, let me know and I'll extend that offer and you can then decide whether or not to accept. Fair enough?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I assume I will need a promissory note form and a deed of trust. What is the cost, including DC taxes and fees, associated with completing this legal transaction?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you will need both. The costs of recording the deed of trust in D.C. can be found at the following link: http://otr.cfo.dc.gov/service/recorder-deeds-fee-charges

I will extend the additional services offer for the documents. You can easily complete these yourself with your specific information and then record them. You do not need to pay a lawyer for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,On the run now, will review and respond later today or Friday.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No worries. Have a great day!