Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

These who call themselves Kaplan & Associates called a

Customer Question

these who call themselves Kaplan & Associates called a family member who gave me the msg. to call them . So they said if i didn't want to talk to them they were going to serve me with papers regarding bad checks deposited into my Chase bank account about
3 years ago . My son deposited them into my Chase Bank account . Iwant to know if these people are on the up and up . A year ago I ha people threatening me with various consequences if I did't send them money for some credit card from long ago .
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Kaplan & Associates is actually a legitimate enterprise, unlike many collection type law firms.

You can deal with them and likely strike an agreement with them as well. However, you need to tell them that you are aware of the requirements of the Fair Debt Collection Act and that they have to give you written notice and proof of the alleged money owed. They also must give you a reasonable attempt to pay and a reasonable time in which to pay.

I wish you were not having to deal with this issue. There are many illegitimate collection attempts. This may be legit because they are.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Please also rate my answer positively.

Best wishes going forward!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy with the response from the lawyer . I feel somewhat better knowing what I know now . Thank-you. I would rate your servive as very informative and helpful

Thank you! Let me know if you have any other quesions. Please rate my answer 4 or 5 stars. Thanks!

Let me know if you have any other QUESTIONS...haha. Sorry about the spell check error.

Just checking in on you to see if you have any additional questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Best wishes!