LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

My wife will be getting a settlement from the mesh issue.

Customer Question

My wife will be getting a settlement from the mesh issue. They are reducing the amount because she is older. They filed 41 cases the older you are the less you get. They say she wont' be as long as the others. I have never heard of such a thing. I talked to our lawyer he said some thing about actuary tables. I probably not spelling that right. I had no idea what he was talking about. Do you have any answers? Tom. Sioux City Ia.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Quite simply, actuarial tables predict the age at which the statistically average person will die. The settlement in the case you are referring to is in part based on pain and suffering, and where there has been an injury which will negatively effect the person the rest of their life---well there will be an expected period of that lifetime. Younger claimants will be granted a greater settlement because they will statistically live longer and will endure longer periods of pain and suffering.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug