Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Ray, On a separate issue, the Defendant has transferred

Customer Question

Hi Ray, On a separate issue, the Defendant has transferred assets to a second company after the lawsuit was filed in violation of the Texas Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act ("TUFTA"). This second company is now a Co-Defendant in the case. However, I now
have come to know that the Defendant has set up a new company offshore, which I assume means outside the US and its jurisdiction? What I am wondering, does the Collin County District Court still have jurisdiction over the assets involved if somehow the Defendant
manages to register an asset holding company outside of the US? The Judge was very clear during a hearing that the Defendant had to be aware that asset transfers were a very big issue.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome back.Ray here to help you tonight.Thanks for your patience.

It will be very difficult for the court here to enforce anything outside the borders of the US.The federal courts can enforce it to a degree if the persons are within the US they can personally hold them liable and sanction them .But the actual assets may be harder

to access and recover if they are overseas.

Judge could hold them in contempt or otherwise sanction them locally and personally even if the assets are outside the borders.But it doesn't make it any easier.

I hope you can get some justice, they appear to have violated the judge's directions and contempt may be the next step as they did this on purpose.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more here, thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again.If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.