Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I went to prison nov.9 2009 an come home 8-8-2015 an on

Customer Question

I went to prison nov.9 2009 an come home 8-8-2015 an on 11-10-2015 I was serve wit a warrant for some that happen on 8-06-2006 chargers are felony b and e motor vehicle an felony larceny of a firearm in nash county I want to know can I be charges wit this charge an how can I get out off it and what do I do and can u let me know any other advice to help me thanks
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, if they obtained a warrant for you on those 2006 offenses and let the warrant sit until you got out of jail, they can still charge you. Your attorney can negotiate with the prosecutor for probation and credit on these charges against the time you served on the other charges as well. If the prosecutor will not negotiate, then 10 years is a long time to find witnesses and witness memories fade, so your attorney will have a good chance at discrediting witnesses and evidence, that is if the witnesses can even still be found.

These are your options based on the facts you have provided.