Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am suffering from side effects from the propecia drug that

Customer Question

I am suffering from side effects from the propecia drug that was prescribe for baldness and prostate enlarging. I am 64 yrs old with ED and psyco issues. How can my case be won at this age after being on the meds for so long. I understand the side affects are permanent from the drug PROPECIA. I was doing ok without ED even with diabetes my sex libido was strong so I started having problems in that area in which I could not perform as usually. After finding the particular drug propecia has permanant side in which I did not know until recently I wonder do I have a case?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

To answer your question directly, you may have a case, but it would be against your doctor, not the maker of propecia, since your doctor is responsible for informing you of potential side effects.

The question here would be two things:

1) did your doctor inform you of the potential side effects

2) what your damages may be.

You have a duty to mitigate any harm, so you would have a duty to keep the doctor informed about the ED you are experiencing with the medication. So, there may be a window where your damages are legitimate, but at a point, you will bear some legal responsibility for not informing your doctor.