Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am a Residual parent and my daughters father wants me to

Customer Question

I am a Residual parent and my daughters father wants me to pull our child out of the homeschooling program I have her in and send her back to public school. Can he do this, when I am the residual parent and esp when she is a week to two weeks ahead on her studies. she is also receiving a 100% in her classes.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are residential parent and there is shared or joint custody or decision making, you generally will have the final say on education. If he disagrees, he can file a motion in court to change the school program and he would have to prove that the current home school program is not best for the child. Unless he can prove the home school program is not properly educating the child, the court will not order you to change it.