Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

DirecTV is charging me programming I never ordered, and they

Customer Question

DirecTV is charging me for NFL programming I never ordered, and they say they'll continue to charge me for it even after the service is cancelled tonight
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you never ordered the programming, you need to write them and tell them you are not liable to pay for something you did not order and that if they refuse to credit your account and remove the charges, you will be filing a complaint with the FCC, the Federal Trade Commission and also the State Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit for unfair and deceptive practices and breach of contract as well as exploring your legal options.
Legally, they cannot charge you for what you did not order and they know it. If you have called and have spoken to a supervisor and not just a regular customer service agent and they still refuse to correct it, then send the letter first. If those agencies cannot resolve the matter, which they can in most all situations, then your final option is you can sue them in small claims court for breach of contract and unfair and deceptive practices to seek to recover your damages from them trying to charge you improperly.