Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My neighbor has called the police on me twice dogs messing

Customer Question

My neighbor has called the police on me twice for my dogs messing in his yard. My dogs have not been in his yard since he asked me last year not to let them in his yard. There is strays running loose but he doesn't like me. I am white and he has played the race card to the police. What can I do to stop this. My dogs and I are innocent
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
He bears the burden of proving it was your dogs. If he cannot prove it was your dogs, it is his word against your word. If he is a dog poop expert then that is the only way he can prove it is your dogs, through DNA. You can file a suit against him for harassment for calling the police on you without any proof it is your dogs and for the infliction of emotional distress his false complaints are causing you to endure.