Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I lost my job and can't afford to pay the whole amount of of

Customer Question

i lost my job and can't afford to pay the whole amount of of my credit card bill payment can i send in less or can they sue me..i thought as long as u made an effort to pay it would be o.k
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, without any prior agreement to pay less than than the minimum payment, you would be in default of the credit card agreement and subject to lawsuit if you paid less than the minimum.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Contact the credit card company before the payment is due and have a frank discussion with their representative regarding the situation. They may be willing to reduce your interest rate, defer interest payments or enter into some other sort of deferred or alternate payment plan.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Otherwise, sending in less than the minimum will not protect you from lawsuit or default.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions before you rate my service to you?