Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Is it legal to file a accident claim stating a wrong place

Customer Question

is it legal to file a accident claim stating a wrong place that the accident didn't happen and false damage to the car
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

It depends on the degree of falsity. If the accident did not happen, that would be called "insurance fraud". It can be punished as a crime in most states and can also subject a person to a claim for civil damages. If the accident did happen, but the person is mistaken about the exact location, and if the damage that is claimed includes a little old damage, that would not be considered sufficient falsity to constitute fraud.

I hope that this ANSWER is helpful and that you will now enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.