Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My son is on probation,no firearms on the premises. We are a

Customer Question

My son is on probation,no firearms on the premises. We are a hunting family, but I do not want to break terms of his probation. We own 40 acres legal discriptions are house and five acres then 35 acres. My question is with both properties having seperate legal discriptions, can I hunt with a firearm on our second property.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

You have not lost your firearms privileges at all. However, he can have nothing to do with firearms. That means that in your home, your 2nd Amendment rights have been abridged if you choose to have your son in your home. That is, you would not be subject to any criminal charges, but your son could be violated if firearms were found where your son could take custody and control of them.

So, as long as you are not keeping your firearms in your home or any place he could, such as your car and your son is not accompanying you when you hunt on separate property, you would not be putting your son's probation in jeopardy.