P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I have a problem with service animals on planes. I have

Customer Question

I have a problem with service animals on planes. I have allergies to dogs. What if I had an allergy to peanuts?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I am not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can ask to be reseated if there is a service dog near you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to be in same plane.I itched all day.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

The law requires the airline to allow a service animal on the flight. This is required by the ADA (americans with disabilities act)

If you have an allergy to animals, you can request the airline provide you a "reasonable accommodation" This could include transferring you to a later flight if your allergies are so severe that you would react if the dog was on the plane. You simply need to make the request to the airline.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.