Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I'm writing from Oregon. I'm selling a manufactured home on

Customer Question

I'm writing from Oregon. I'm selling a manufactured home on park property to which I have full title (e.g., no liens). I'm trying to figure out how I transfer full legal ownership to the buyer. Do I just sign the title over like a vehicle?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handing issues like the one you are dealing with currently. The answer is to your question is yes, you simply sign the title over. However, in an abundance of caution, I HIGHLY recommend that you also have a bill of sale drafted, signed and notarized by the parties which specifically states what is being sold (including the serial number on the unit), when it is being sold, who is selling it, who is buying it and that the trailer is being bought as is with no warranty as to fitness, etc.

There are tons of sample bills of sale on line that you can use as a template. You need to give the buyer a copy and you need to retain a copy of the bill of sale as well.

Once the title is signed over by you and once the bill of sale is executed (which protects you), then you should be good to go relative to the conveyance of this piece of property.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Please also rate my answer positively.

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking to see if you had any additional questions. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!