Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I was recently hospitalized. An endocrinologist was called

Customer Question

I was recently hospitalized. An endocrinologist was called in. He resented having to come in on a Sunday and was very rude in his conversation and examination. I feel he took what he saw as an inconvenience out on me, the patient, in his report. In his report, he indicates my condition is likely caused by uncontrolled health conditions including obesity even though I am a Scottish, stocky muscular man that weights 225. He also says that my history as a personal trainer suggests the potential for androgen abuse even though I "deny" it. This is a vindictive man that I would like to take action against. Can I? Dave(###) ###-####-***@******.***
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

What type of action are you asking about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amending my medical record
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You could hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit asking the court to order him to amend the records. The lawyer will start by sending a letter to the doctor asking him to voluntarily amend the records. If that doesn't work then the lawyer can bring the lawsuit. It's also possible, although unlikely, that filing a complaint through the state licensing agency will resolve the issue but if you decide to do that let the lawyer help you with that as well so you don't put anything in the documents that could hurt you later.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.