Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Thank you service. Please help me find the Cal Ed Codes that

Customer Question

Hello, and thank you for this service.
Please help me find the Cal Ed Codes that state that a student can be held for up to fifteen minutes after school for disciplinary reasons without parent notification, and 60 minutes with parent notification.
Again, thank you very much.
Rocco Ferrario
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The CA Code of Administrative Regulations Chapter 5 Section 353 does not state that, it states, "A pupil shall not be detained in school for disciplinary or other reasons for more than one hour after the close of the maximum school day, except as otherwise provided in Section 307." See: https://law.resource.org/pub/us/ccr/gov.ca.oal.title05.html
It is not in the CA Ed Code, it is in the Code of Administrative Regulations.