Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

My daughter and son-in-law was served by a police officer on

Customer Question

My daughter and son-in-law was served by a police officer on a civil matter. The defendant stated that my grandson (5 years of age) pushed her son at the playground where they live and he got hurt. My grandson said he didn't push the boy and that the boy and his cousin were peeing on the slide and so when the boy slid down the slide because it was wet he went down really fast and fell down and hurt his elbow. No adults were present at the playground. So they went to court and the judge had them meet with a mediator. The mediator asked the plaintiff what she is suing for and she said medical bills but the mediator said that the child has Med-Quest (state low income medical) and that med-quest pays for everything so what is she suing for. She couldn't produce any thing at that time. They gave her a date that she has to produce these documents to my daughter and son-in-law. They now have a court date of November 30, 2015. On Friday October 30 my son in law and daughter volunteered to participated in a trunk or treat at Koloa Elementary School (where my grandson and this boy goes to) well today just now two police officers came to my son in laws house to serve him a TRO against the plaintiff and her son because the plaintiff said that my son in law was looking at her son and so she is afraid for his safety. My son in law don't even remember the kid coming through. Also the plaintiff has a 12 year old girl as a witness to say that my grandson pushed the boy but this witness told my daughters neighbor who is the witness's aunty that she didn't see my grandson push the boy but that the plaintiff told her to lie and tell that she did see my grandson push him. My grandson was just awarded "Student of the Month" on October 30, 2015 and he is the sweetest most gentle boy. His story is still the same as the day it happened. He went home that day and told my daughter what happened and until today he telling the same story.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handling matters such as this one. It is a pleasure to assist you today, though I wish the circumstances were different.

Here is a step by step way that this can be handled:

(1) Your son-in-law and daughter should file a TRO against this person as well under the basis that the person is stalking them and is clearly coming into their lives to attempt to bolster her frivolous law suit;

(2) When the TRO hearing comes up on the TRO that they filed, but sure that he attends and is well spoken, polite, respectful and prepared. Make sure that he articulates that he is actually the one that should be in fear because they are being targeted by a person that is attempting to leverage money from them;

(3) Make sure that everyone is in attendance on the November 30, 2015 hearing date and is likewise cordial, prepared, calm and respectful. The idea is to make sure

Sorry..had a technical problem.

As I was saying, the idea is to make yourself appear to be, as in the case, the rational people in the room.

As to the lawsuit, your daughter and son will be fine. They will not lose as there is no evidence to support the claim and the evidence that is there is from minors that are controlled by adults.

So, rest easy there. Things are going to be fine.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively (4 or 5 stars).

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking with you to see if you had any additional questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible with this issue moving forward. Thanks