Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Phone number beginning 99 637???? in Evansville IN November

Customer Question

phone number beginning 99 637???? for meeting in Evansville IN November 12
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Did they say anything about the purpose of this meeting or why you were being invited? Did leave anyone's name?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said it was to discuss an upcoming trial, it was a recording so I couldn’t question or ask to repeat the number. I edited the number 919 637---- missing the last 3 digits., but I think it’s probably a scam. my phone is(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####
Thanks,
Dan Kieffer
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Area code 919 is in North Carolina, so it wouldn't make any sense for anyone in that area to be calling you about a lawsuit in Indiana. Prefix 637 is owned by T-mobile, which suggests that's a prepaid cell phone number. Legitimate businesses are going to make calls from a landline for this type of thing in most cases. There's also no reason for them to have a recording call you to discuss a lawsuit. When there's a class action or something that requires reaching out to a large number of people, the lawyers send out letters to everyone who may be impacted by the suit. That way, you can read the information, review it, and sign a release if you want to participate. They wouldn't just call, play a recording, and hang up.

There's really no reason to believe this is legitimate from what you've said. However, if it is, they should reach out to you again.