Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son got a POM, he is 17 but was finger printed as a

Customer Question

My son got a POM, he is 17 but was finger printed as a minor. I called the juvenille services to follow up on his court date and they let me know that he shouldn't have been fingerprinted as a minor that he should of gotten arrested. The juvenille services was going to send the paperwork back to the police department. I've been trying to get some answers but they keep transfering me back and forth. Don't know what to do. Do I hire an attorney or what advice can you give me.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me what exactly are you asking here, i.e. what is it that you wish to know?

For example: "Can I move this to juvenile court?"

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I haven't gotten a court date and according to the Juvenille Services they will not send me a court date. Will they issue a warrant for my son's arrest? I want to prevent this. He is 17 and they told me that he should of gotten arrested as an adult. I just don't know what my next step is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In other words, because he got fingerprinted as a minor and not arrested as he should of because he is 17. Can this be dismissed because of the error or will they still issue a warrant for his arrest?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

How much marijuana did he have on him?