Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I need help obtaining exporting license, i be exporting cell

Customer Question

i need help obtaining exporting license, i be exporting cell phones
i need help weather i need license for that or not
i do have cell phone retail store locally but i will seel to international buyers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not sure weather i need exporting license cell phones, i know their are regulation, if there are no license required
how do i file my taxes if there are taxes involed, i need steps to be clarified thanks in advance
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You do not need an "exporting license" for selling cell phones out of the US. You may need an import license in the country where you are shipping the phones. You also would have to pay any import duties or fees in the country where you are shipping them.
As far as taxes, you file your US taxes as normal, listing the profits from sales of these phones on your taxes. There is no US sales tax on those phones as they are sold out of the US.