LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I was given a 90 day notice to move from a home that me and

Customer Question

I was given a 90 day notice to move from a home that me and my disabled daughter has lived for 12 years in retaliation for asking for upkeep, paint & carpet. The house was sold quickly and the owner has done everything from denying our "Quiet rights to enjoyment", threats & harassment using her relationship with the housing authority with bogus claims that got my housing taken in retaliation. They are assisting the owner to help her make money and the house i'm in is below standard that they have continued to pass inspection. They have not giving me a hearing or have proved any of of the charges that they claimed. My daughter which is dialed is being displaced from her services
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. If you fail to vacate in the requested period of time, then the owner/landlord would need to proceed with the eviction. It would be at that time that you can raise any defenses which you may have and would need to show that the landlord is retaliating against you and asking that you vacate, as a result of you making a demand for repairs to be done to the rental. If you prevail, the eviction may be denied and you could turn around and also sue and have a claim against the landlord as well, so a counter-claim, could be considered as well.