Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

My offer letter i signed stated i was to get paid 63000

Customer Question

My offer letter i signed stated i was to get paid 63000 hourly, payable bi-weekly versus annually. Is there a case?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

I'm sorry to say, this is probably not enforceable, for two reasons:

1. It's clearly a mistake. 63,000 per hour is so far beyond what the vast majority of the populations makes, and most likely so far beyond what other people in your industry make (unless you happen to be an A-list actor), that it's really obviously not what they meant to offer you. The law doesn't allow one person to unfairly benefit himself at another person's expense.

2. Since employment is at will, even if the offer were binding, they could simply fire you and rehire you at the actual salary they meant to offer.

I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

Good luck.