How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 32364
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2013 i was in court fior a workers comp accident in 2004

Customer Question

in 2013 i was in court fior a workers comp accident in 2004 and am considered by the state to be 100% dissabled and the insurance company agreed to me being 100% permanent partial.they just started paying for my doctor and meds from 2013 on now all of a sudden a nurse starts showing up at my doctors trying to get them to lower my meds the dr dissagreed now the nurse calls me and says the adjuster wants me to see a diff. dr other than the agreed apon treating dr in the order Do i legally have to go she said they want a second oppinion because the dr wont lower meds Dont they have to first go back to court to make me see another dr? feeling bullied again fired old lawyer what are my options
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

The issue here is the wording of the order. If it says that you are to see that specific doctor then if you don't agree they would have to file a motion with the court and you would have to go back to court. Of course, you would want to get a new lawyer at that point but you probably need to go ahead and start looking. You may also want to talk to the lawyer about the nurse trying to talk the doctor into changing their treatment. Depending on exactly what happened that could be grounds for a complaint against the nurse with the state agency that licenses and hears complaints against nurses.