Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Got a letter of transmittal from computershare a few days

Customer Question

Got a letter of transmittal from computershare a few days ago in which I own GE stock certificates. About 68 shares. Could really use some legal advice on what I should do. They are asking to tender my shares but I'm not sure. I have very little knowledge of this subject. Received the stock from my grandfather
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

The two companies are splitting here , you can keep your GE stock or exchange it for Synchrony stock.

Here is information about Synchrony and how it is doing.Here it really comes down to whether you want to keep GE or move your stock to the new company , its a spin off.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ge-commences-exchange-offer-to-complete-separation-of-synchrony-financial-2015-10-19

GE has been a great stock for a long time, they are spinning this off to concentrate on the business they feel strongest about.The safe play is to do nothing, you decide if you want to exchange it.It is a personal preference here, you decide.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Wall Street Journal says keep your GE stock, this is the safe play..

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13328925/1/don-t-let-go-of-ge-despite-21-billion-synchrony-swap-offer.html

Maybe you decide to pass on this..

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.