MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I received a speeding tickets in a 45 zone. 9 days later, I

Customer Question

I received a speeding tickets for 60 in a 45 zone. 9 days later, I received another speeding tickets doing 90 in a 65 zone. Is there any way of having both tickets deferred to avoid this affecting my insurance.
This happened in Harris county Texas
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is*****'m going to assist you with your question.

When you receive a citation, you have 3 options:

1. Pay the citation and receive the points on your license which will be reported to the insurance company and this will raise your rate.

2. Set a court date for the citations. Depending on your driving record the judge will make you an offer. It is up to you whether you want to accept that offer or take the tickets to trial. You can hire an attorney to try to get the tickets dismissed for you. Typically, you will still be on the hook for paying court costs and fees, but if you can get the tickets dismissed, you will not receive points on your license.

3. You can go to traffic school, pay a fine, and not get the points on your license. However, you can only go to traffic school so often and you have a finite amount of times you can attend.

If I was in your shoes, I would contact a local traffic attorney to attempt to fight the citations in court.