Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

A DSS is trying to take my 14-year-old daughter do you do my

Customer Question

A DSS is trying to take my 14-year-old daughter do you do my billing the hair strand for methamphetamines I've been playing for over six months but my methamphetamine levels was 14,000 which is very hot and I'm aware of that but have been in the emergency room and had several shots of pain medication with along with nausea medication And I am also prescribed medications that cause false positive on the methamphetamine what legal rights do I haveI called the hair strand test in place and ask them about medication that I was home and they said that I should have been asked for a list of that medication when the hair is that a hair test is done I wasn't but I asked about medication I was on or had been given can you help me please I was a heavy meth user on off 8 years but I am clean passed urine test I stopped all my meds I am bipolar and it's starting to affect me
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You are going to need to get your doctor to write a report explaining how the medications necessary for treatment of your condition caused the false methamphetamine test result, because if you cannot do that DSS is not going to believe what you are telling them, even with the list of medications. So this is now going to hinge on the doctors treating you to explain how the medications are the cause of the reading and that you are not using any longer AND how you are competent to care for your child. ALL of these things must be shown to DSS for them to leave the child in your home.