Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My son has has been put off the clock on s job at the

Customer Question

My son has has been put off the clock on his job at the airport where he employed as a wheel chairs attended for Air Services there;because he went through medal dector with a car chargers.He gave them a reasonable explanation for the charger being n this position an receipts for a car chargers.Its going on two wks frm the time of this incident an he heard nothiong frm his employment. Wht adivce wld u offer to my son?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your son is entitled to an appeal. It is not illegal to have car charger. So he needs to file an appeal with his employer. He needs to explain that he was not violating any laws and that everyone can make a mistake. He has to follow the internal employer procedures and he is going to have to file his appeal to them regarding the incident, since these companies do take security very seriously and they are treating this as a security violation which is grounds for termination.