Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

In The State of Arkansas If one of the biological parents

Customer Question

In The State of Arkansas If one of the biological parents loses parental rights concerning their children. Is child-support still required ?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Unless otherwise ordered, the termination of parental rights would also terminate support going forward. It would not, in and of itself, terminate past due support unless that was, likewise, included in the order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rights of my son was terminated in 2010. I was told it also terminates grandparents rights the rights goes backb5 generations. I also remember being told no child support. Now after 5 yrs my son is be summons to court for childcare support. What dept could I ask to see the original court documents?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Your son would have received the original court order. I suspect this is for past due support which accrued prior to the termination of parental rights. The termination would not affect that support.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.