Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My question is: In SC can a judgment be placed against my

Customer Question

My question is: In SC can a judgment be placed against my business gross receipts, which are received as an independint BCBS Sales Agent, with an 1099. I have no reimbursements of any expensives.
Thanks Erna Blome(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cell phone for text,
better use email please
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I am assuming what you are asking is whether the gross receipts can be seized by a creditor with a judgment against you. The answer to that is yes, a lien can be placed or a garnishment can be issued in which the gross receipts are seized from whoever is supposed to pay them to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much can be seized:
Because I'm an independint Agent with expensives.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

There's no limit since it isn't wages.

Are you getting the monies paid directly to you or do you own a corporation which receives the monies and are then disbursed to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no corporation
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

There's no limit then.

What you may want to consider is incorporating quickly and then having the monies paid to the corporation and then you pay yourself a salary from the corporation. That would allow you to deduct the expenses and provide some protection from a judgment.

As it stands you don't have any protections and they can seize all of the payments.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have additional questions?