Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My attorney wanted a 15k retainer- I did not have it. She

Customer Question

My attorney wanted a 15k retainer- I did not have it. She took my Rolex and pink slip (not signed over)!on my Jag for guarantee of payment. Nothing in writing by her to this agreement. Now she's going out of biz and hurts for money. I have 26k for her and that is generous. She never gave me a bill till now a blank one a number. Refuses to break it down at 54k her billable hours. She made 300k in mistakes and should I pay her and then sue her?
Now she holds me hostage with a severely abusive bill- twice what any normal (wont negotiate the bill) -won't answer me- and won't return my expensive items.
Lawyer would charge 20-30 k max on this case and send monthly bills- she never did.
Is her action legal
What is the best advice
What violations if any against her?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. What state is this in? What type of case was it? And when you say she is going out of business, is she leaving the profession altogether?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?