Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I,m about to by my daughter house trough a va loan ,but

Customer Question

i,m about to by my daughter house trough a va loan ,but after that i want to make a deed on her name .is that posible?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

All VA loans have a "due on sale" clause that basically states that if any interest in the property is sold or transferred without the lender's consent, the lender reserves the right to call the loan due and demand immediate payment of the debt.

.

So from a purely legal perspective, they could call the loan due if you deeded the property to daughter. But the reality of this is that they don't really care whose name the deed is in as long as someone is making the payments. So while they could call the loan due, it is incredibly unlikely that they would even become aware of the transfer if you deeded the property over to daughter or added her as a joint tenant on the deed along with you.

.

.

thanks