Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have been scammed for $30,000 by a man who calls mself

Customer Question

I have been scammed for $30,000 by a man who calls himself John Schmidt. He says he is in O'Hanaga Hospital in Istanbul Turkey. We took a name from the hospital and see Nisantasi as part of OHANAGA Hospital. We narrowed his possible address at the Nisantasi House Hotel in Istanbul. A luxurious hotel. I met him on Match.com. They took him off which I feel they got complaints and did not warn me when I called and questioned them about him. I have an invoice for cowers from FTD but they won't help me. IU.gov5 for Internet crime has never contacted me. He is suppose to be German and his cell phone number is ***** Turkey 011 +90(531)688 8661. Is there anyway I can get my money back and catch him? I really need help and want my money back. It is my retirement money. Thank you.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Ma'am I am very sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if you can sue Match.Com for this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot he uses***@******.*** as his email
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks
But what is your question regarding this