Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Ive been taking care of a dog since may 2015 her owner has

Customer Question

Ive been taking care of a dog since may 2015 her owner has been.no where around ive.fed her loved her he hasn't been one mile up this road to check on her ask bout her nothing where does abandonment begin what r my rights her rights he put a logging chain on her neck as a pup he said that she has hip displaisa this was back n April he told this to my sister. Help me please
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

The answer here is really based on that person. "Abandonment" does not come into this at all because he 'gave' you the dog to care for (if I understood you correctly). Now, if that did not happen and you are simply caring for the dog, that is different. Which of those is more accurate?