Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Tthe rear of our property is deemed an egress. The property

Customer Question

Tthe rear of our property is deemed an egress. The property was given up by all land owners as a way to have rear access.Motor homes were the main thought.The property was not the cities Can the city dictate wether you can park on the acess?If you are not blocking any one from going through how can they say what happens on it? They do not mai j tain it at all
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Legally speaking, they should not be able to control is as a city, unless a city ordinance is being violated

If no city ordinace is being violated and no other public nuisance is present, then the city does not have the authority to do anything.

If the city continues to interfere, you as a group, have the right to seek an injunction against the city to prevent them from interfering going forward. You need to be able to show that irreparable harm will occur if the city is allowed to continue on this path and that court action is the only method of prevention.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively (4 or 5 stars).

Best!

Just checking in with you to see if you had additional questions? I want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible going forward. Thanks!

Any other questions? Just checking? Thanks