Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Dear Lawyer, I am sales manager construction company. Our

Customer Question

Dear Lawyer,
I am sales manager for startup construction company. Our sales team would like to use direct mail advertisement strategy. We have around 1000 addresses of our potential clients but their names are ***** ***** There are some websites that you pay the fee and you will be able to find property owner names and the address that they currently live. Is there any potential legality issue if we find the owners name and their living address? ( we want to mail to owner's address with their name. It's very possible that the house was rented to tenant and the owner lives somewhere else. Again we are looking for home owners and their living address.
Thanks,
Shayan Mir
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shayan. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

There is nothing to prohibit you from purchasing mailing lists and then sending unsolicited mail to those parties. It may or may not be effective for you, but you have the right to send them unsolicited advertisements if you want. There is no legal liability to you from doing so.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!