Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Just received a letter from The Mega Millions Lottery, Calle

Customer Question

Just received a letter from The Mega Millions Lottery, Calle Rios Rosas 32, Madrid, Espana 28004. The letter says I have won $2,850,000.00 tax free and to call the number 01134672947070 and speak to Dr. ***** *****, the Foreign Service Manager/Remittance officer of Safeway Securities.
They are not asking for any money and the letter is stamped in two different places saying "Government Supervised" and "US Government Approved".
Can you tell me if this is a scam or legitimate?
Elaine Richardson,***@******.***
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you recall entering into any type of lottery? Have you called and spoken with anything? I ask because even though the letter does not ask for money, it does not mean once they have you on the phone they will not start asking?

Hi are you still online with me?