Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I run a dog rescue with a contract with Petsmart events

Customer Question

I run a dog rescue with a contract with Petsmart for adoption events outside their store. An individual who is part of a rogue group waited until I was away from the area with a dog and then sent behind a private area and took a misleading photo of a dog who had spilkled her water bowl and the kennel was wet. She then claimed the dog was sick and lying in filth and got her group to call the Petsmart store and Petsmart Corporate. I am waiting for a grant from them and am afraid to lose the contract. She is relentless and am afraid of her,
Is this Tortious Interference or can I get a restraining order?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

This is not just tortious interference, it is also potentially defamation of character, since the information provided was knowingly false and distorted. While you are probably unable to get a restraining order outright, you can threaten, and then file for, a civil suit for damages stemming from her intentional attempt to harm you and your business. As far as being 'afraid', you must show imminent danger of harm or if you can show that the other person attempted to contact you constantly without your notice, permission, or desire. So on that basis I just do not quite see a restraining order, but filing a civil suit is quite reasonable.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.