CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I am in houston texas 3/2004 i took out a loan at title max,

Customer Question

I am in houston texas 3/2004 i took out a loan at title max, the title loan was 2500.00 ,they waited until the loan was almost paid off to tell me they refinanced a 2500.00 loan 12 times , that against the law right? they also was charging me for full coverage insurance ,and i told them when i first got the loan i already had insurance.i got the loan in 3/2014 its now 9/2015 and i just finished paying that 2500.00 loan off, something is wrong with this picture, i really need help, and the sad thing about it when they finally told me of all this wrong doing , the customer service person told me there is nothing i can do about it.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation. Based on what you have posted, it appears that you are a victim of a loan scam, or usurious loan operation, or both.

The proper entity to deal with this is the Texas OCCC, you can file a complaint here: http://occc.texas.gov/