Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Is this statement below legal if signed and initialed by the

Customer Question

Is this statement below legal if signed and initialed by the person named on the form:
"I also hereby authorize xxxx to act on my behalf and to sign applications for patient assistance programs by hereby granting to xxxx a limited power of attorney for the specific purposes of enrolling me in patient assistance programs with the applicable pharmaceutical companies and any related activities to process my enrollment. I permit all/any Patient Assistance Programs to speak/write to xXxX concerning my enrollment/ application. Furthermore I permit xXxX to sign any document(s) related to my enrollment/application on my behalf. Xxxx will be acting as my personal representative for the purposes of my enrollment/application to various prescription assistance programs"
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If this was notarized by a notary public, then it would be legal to convey a limited power of attorney to XXX to act as the agent for the grantor of the power for the specific tasks that are outlined by the document.

.

But it has to be notarized in order to be legally effective as a POA in NY.

.

.

thanks