alex reese
alex reese, Attorney
Experience:  BS, MS, JD
14461494

Dear Sirs, It is about intellectual property. On

Customer Question

Dear Sirs,
It is about intellectual property.
On www.scribd.com last five years you can download (illegal distribution) for free book which has ISBN and so it is protected by international low, it has copyright.
I reported to local police but there is no result.
I reported to FBI - Internet police and waiting for answer.
I would like to sue www.scribd.com and get compensation from them.
Is it possible to sue them and how much is going to cost me?
Thanks
Josip Tudoric
Expert:  alex reese replied 1 year ago.

this is not a police or FBI matter, it is civil. First you need to contact Scribd and ask them to take down your copyrighted work which they are using without permission. You must have a registered copyright in order to file a copyright lawsuit. There is no way to tell how much it will cost you because that depends on how far the case goes and how much work is involved, but it can cost $5,000-10,000 to prepare and file a complaint.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
I wrote to Scribd an they replied that "I need to provide evidence that proves copyright of my book".
How much I know police can provide evidence. So, I should hire inspector who can compare material from scribd and original from NATIONAL AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY IN ZAGREB, www.nsk.hr/en, holder of copyright of my book with ISBN.
Next,
is here way to hire Croatian Lawyer to sue Scribd, (to prepare and file a complaint)?
Do I have to be with my Lawyer physical present on court in US, or which court and country is authorized for my case (sue Scribd for compensation). What kind of document is necessary to prepare for court?
I guess I will have more questions for you..
Thanks!
Josip Tudoric
Zagreb
Croatia
Expert:  alex reese replied 1 year ago.

please rate me thanks