Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I was told I by friends that I had been issued a no contact

Customer Question

I was told I by friends that I had been issued a no contact rule for someone but never received a document by an officer of the law is it a legal no contact law?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry, I do not quite understand your question. Are you asking if relying on what you were told is sufficient under law, or did you mean something else? Please advise and clarify so that I can best assist you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that good enough? From what I've read it must be given to me by an officer of the law signed by the judge and I've never received anything like that

No, that is not good enough. Until you are formally served a copy of this order by the sheriff, and the order is signed, what you are being told is something you are free to disregard. Simply getting some friends to comment on something they may not know first hand is irrelevant and again, until you are formally provided a copy from the court with the judge's signature, you have no duty to listen to what you are being told.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that was my understanding also I was wondering how it is to work if coming from a judge in another state?

You are most welcome, glad to help! A judge's order from a different state would still be recognized in your home state. So if you received an order from Maryland but you are in Ohio, an Ohio sheriff has to bring you the order, but the order is still valid against you.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again

My pleasure! Please take care and be well. Should you need me again, please do not hesitate to request me directly by name. Otherwise, if satisfied with my help, kindly do not forget to positively rate so that I can obtain credit for my work. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.