Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

What kind of legal agreement would I need my clients to sign

Customer Question

What kind of legal agreement would I need my clients to sign in order to not be in any risk of getting sued when doing this kind of therapy? It is a bodily based deep massage that de-armors the body both externally and internally (anus and vagina) for both men and women. It's based on Wilhelm Reich's work on psychotherapy and body armoring.
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Interesting question. You simply need and informed consent and release of liability form that is similar to any such form that would be required to be executed in the medical procedure world. For instance, if a physician is going to perform any type of invasive procedure, even if not one that is not surgical, there will be an informed consent which specifically states what areas of the body will be touched, etc and a release from liability, hold-harmless.

You can purchase these documents on on-line sources such as uslegalforms.com. They have good, well written general releases of liability and informed consent documents that can be retrofitted for your practice.

One other point of concern, just as physicians always have a nurse or an assistant present during these intimate procedures (such as gynecological exams and prostate exams), it would be wise for you (even in view of the papers listed above being signed) to have another professional in the room with you to prevent false accusations against you.

Please rate my answer positively and let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Best wishes!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Is it possible to contact you to have a custom made one specifically for our needs?

Sure thing. I will be happy to review anything you put together. You can attach it as a pdf in this format. I can change things (if necessary) and send it back. That would be my pleasure.

Also, please be sure to rate my answer positively if you don't mind. Thanks