LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I signed a refusal to vaccinate form last week at my

Customer Question

I signed a refusal to vaccinate form last week at my daughters annual check-up even though we did get a vaccine (just one). I would like to rescind or cancel the document I signed. I live in CA. I want to know if I am within a legal time frame to ask for my signature back and if so is there any terminology I need to use on the letter I intend to send.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Actually, there is no specific form that you need to use to withdraw your signed refusal. In fact most refusal forms have language similar to this in them: I know that I may readdress this issue with my child’s doctor or nurse at any time and that I may change my mind and accept vaccination for my child any time in the future.

All you need to do is write your child's physician a short note stating that you have changed your mind, that you are rescinding the Refusal to Vaccinate, and that letter will officially rescind your decision. There is no time frame in which you must provide your rescission to the doctor. Be sure to send one letter for each child that you signed a refusal form for, and that will be sufficient.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug