Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I bought a box of KIND bars at Wal-Mart last week. When I

Customer Question

I bought a box of KIND bars at Wal-Mart last week. When I opened one of the bars I was disgusted to find out that I bit into a live maggot. I examined the bar and there were several more of these creatures crawling around. I immediately called the manufacturer. They were not concerned and offered to give me a replacement bar. Needless to say I was offended. They did not want to look at the bar. The incident terrified me. I could not eat for days. I did not bargain to buy a maggot infested box of KIND bars. I don't want to file a suit but I do feel that the manufacturer owes me something more than a replacement box. I will never eat another one of their products. What are my legal remedies? I want to protect other unsuspecting consumers. I don't think that KIND wants me going to the press. This is not the type of publicity they want. Recalling the product will cause them a lot of money. What should I do? This was very traumatic to me.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you require medical treatment or counseling as a result of this unfortunate incident?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?