socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

If a person has served an appeal to the supreme court then

Customer Question

If a person has served an appeal to the supreme court then what documents are neeeded to be prepared on the defendant's side?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

I assume you're in NY. If not, please tell me which state jurisdiction you're in and which court is the lower and higher court.

That said, the answer is: The appellee/respondent needs to review the record submitted by the appellant to the supreme court, and determine if any other evidence or transcripts from the record should be transmitted. If yes, then the appellee needs to tell the lower court clerk what additional evidence/transcripts must be transmitted, so that the court has the complete record of the case on appeal.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!