LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

We had a case where attorney had sued s client money owed.

Customer Question

we had a case where attorney had sued his client for the money owed . The judge ruled in favor for the attorney $ 8, 600.00 My question is as a defendant , what are the rules for us on a payments , if we can only go up $ 250.00 a month .
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. It is at the discretion of the plaintiff, to accept your proposal. Ideally, they would want to, to avoid having to put forth the time, effort and money of trying to enforce the judgment and going after your wages or assets. Even though they are insisting on the amount you stated above, they may at the end of the day take less. However, if they do proceed, I have provided a link below that shows what they can go after and how they can do it.

http://www.folksoconnor.com/financial/collection-law.htm

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!